Whether it's primary care and routine exams, or lab testing and blood work, patients in Algonac can trust Algonac Family Practice to provide the quality services they need. Additionally, while others have come and gone, our family practice is here to stay!
In the sports medicine field, the sports physical exam is known as a pre-participation physical examination (PPE). The exam helps determine whether it's safe for you to participate in a certain sport.
This part of the exam includes questions about:
- Allergies (to insect bites, for example)
- Any medications that you are on (including over-the-counter medications, herbal supplements, and prescription medications)
- Illnesses that you had when you were younger or may have now, such as asthma, diabetes, or epilepsy
- Past injuries (including concussions, sprains, or bone fractures)
- Previous hospitalizations or surgeries
- Serious illnesses among family members
- Whether you've ever passed out, felt dizzy, had chest pain, or had trouble breathing during exercise
As a family doctor, Thomas Kizy, MD, understands the importance of providing a comfortable and welcoming environment. This means you can always expect to be treated with warmth and kindness, regardless of whether you're visiting us for the first time or a returning patient.
Walk-ins are welcome!
For your convenience, we accept most insurance and Medicaid, and offer special pricing on most procedures for those who pay with cash!
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call (810) 671-3190